Friday, May 8, 2009

5/8/09 - fresh herbs..... well almost kinda sorta


this year due to my new and improved larger kitchen/ family room combo and wonderful counter space by the window I was finally able to plant the herb garden I have been dreaming of! Since I was given a few envelopes of seeds last year I decided to try my hand at sprouting and growing a few herbs from scratch ... to my surprise only 2 weeks later its actually working!

I can't tell you how exciting it is to check the little mini greenhouse for new sprouts every day.... its still going to be quite a while before these are ready for planting never mind eating but its fun to see them moving along..

the basil (back right) is by far kicking butt with the sage (front left) getting better every day and the cilantro (front 2 rows on the right) just starting to peek through! the chives (3rd row front right) and parsley (back left) has some catching up to do!