Sunday, May 24, 2009

5/22/09 - Swordfish (finally) and asian veggie stir fry

This swordfish was defrosted for dinner on Wednesday but then the lobster bake happened, and thursday we were out so finally friday it made its appearance on our menu. Luckily it was still quite fresh smelling.


I marinaded the swordfish steak on friday morning before leaving to go to work with a blend of:
3 tbsp (reduced sodium) soy sauce
about 1" ginger root grated
5 turns black pepper
1 tsp thai garlic chili sauce
2 scallions diced
all in a zip lock bag with the fish and into the fridge for the day (I forgot the sesame seeds in my morning rush!)

The fish was very easy to cook - I used my grill pan (as is very common these days) which gave it the lovely grill marks - about 5-7 min on each side at med -high heat

The veggies were based on some lovely snow peas that I bought at fairway on wednesday. I just couldn't resist all the lovely veggies and I bought these knowing that I would be able to fit in some asian style stir fry some where.
To make the veggies I cleaned and cut up:
1 head broccoli - on chunks
1/2 red pepper - sliced
1/2 green pepper - sliced
3 scallions - diced
2 handfuls snow peas - whole
1/2 container mushrooms - sliced
they were all placed in a heated pan w. about 1 tbsp olive oil and stir fried together with some:
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp black sesame seeds
5 turns fresh pepper

it was all plated up with a bit of fresh lemon