Wednesday, August 19, 2009

8/19/09 Thin sliced Pork Stir Fry

Today I finally get myself to the grocery store.... such a love hate relationship! I love shopping and finding fun ingredients but unfortunately I don't love my local options. I try to work my schedule so I am able to hit up some of my favorite markets in the area but this week I was stuck with A&P. Since the fish didn't look very appetizing I went with some grass fed pork thin sliced pork chops and tried to use up some of the veggies I had sitting around. Again the lemon basil was the star! I love the fresh crisp taste of it

This easy stir fry only took a few minutes of prep which was a good thing as after visiting A&P, going on a run with Jeremy and hitting the Farmer's market (mmm more fresh peaches) it was a getting late. We also had a small fresh tomato salad (tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic, salt and pepper) to start.

Pork Stir Fry (4 servings)
3- 4 thin sliced boneless pork chops - cut into 2" slices
1 carrot - in "fat" matchsticks
1/2 onion- sliced
green bell pepper - 1 " slices
yellow bell pepper - 1" slices
1 bunch asparagus - ends removed & cut into 2" sections
2 tsbp garlic greens - diced
2 tbsp lemon basil - chopped
2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
1 tbsp fresh jalapeno - seeds & membrane removed and finely diced
1 tsp olive oil

1) heat oil over med heat - add pork - cook 2 min and flip
2) add veggies (except basil) and teriyaki sauce - cover 5 min
3) mix together so all veggies are cooked
4) remove from heat and stir in basil
5) serve (can also add noodles or rice)