Tuesday, June 9, 2009

sunday - lunch - 6/7/09 - shrimp scampi

Last night Jeremy got a seafood and pasta dish and I just couldn't resist... so today I made my own! I didn't have scallops or a white wine cream sauce but I did what I could.

Its a pretty simple mix of some things I have on hand (since grocery shopping is still a few days away)....

1/2 lb thin linguini - according to directions
3 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic- miced
12 shrimp - deshelled and de veined
1 large ripe tomato - roughly diced
1 tbsp parsley
1 c chicken broth
salt & pepper

top with: 2 tbsp grated cheese

1) heat the 1 tbsp oil in a wok- pan
2) add the shrimp - stir till pink
3) add the rest of ingredients and let simmer for 5 min - covered
4) drain the pasta and combine in pan - mix all together
5) top with cheese and serve