Sunday, February 14, 2010

2/8/10 - Oven Baked Chicken Fingers

As always I went a little crazy and planned way to much food for our Super Bowl "party". There was only 3 of us here so we didn't really need the rounds of courses that I had on hand just in case. I saw a picture online for some oven baked chicken fingers using a spiced up breadcrumb to season them and decided to do my take on them. It was easy and a lot lighter than anything fried yet it made boneless skinless chicken breast delicious and fun.




I got about a five chicken strips from each breast which was perfect for dinner along with a left over pizza (baked with some sauce, fresh mozzarella, basil and pepperoni). Not exactly a fancy dinner but it worked as a monday night dinner. I used a very simple breading technique for these - only one step! It comes as no surprise that I didn't have buttermilk on hand. We didn't eat them on Sunday so I let them set overnight in the fridge so the coating was well adhered to the chicken.

Oven Baked Chili Chicken Fingers
3 chicken breast cut into large strips (approx 4-5 per breast)
2 c breadcrumbs
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp parsley
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp cumin
salt & pepper
3 tsp olive oil - misted if possible

1) mix all of the dry ingredients together and coat each chicken strip with the breadcrumb mix
2) allow to set for at least 1 hr
3) place on rack on baking sheet and spray some oil on each tender
4) cook in preheated 400F oven for 15 min or so and then flip - cook for 5-7 more minutes until browned