Tuesday, February 23, 2010

2/18/10 - No-Breadcrumb Crab Cakes

While my normal crab cakes are light on the breadcrumbs, I wanted to see if I was able to get a decent cake with out any crumbs at all. I have challenged myself to try and cook wheat-free for a few weeks but I still wanted to eat the crab I had. As always there are a lot of crumb free recipes out there but I ended up doing much of my own thing. I served the crab cakes with a side of broccoli and a dollop of wasabi mayo...I ended up having to spoon some of the mayo off though cause it was a little to spicy for me!



No-Crumb Crab Cakes
1 lb lump crab meat
2 eggs - beaten
1 tbsp lt mayo
1/4 red bell pepper- finely diced
1/4 green bell pepper - finely diced
1/4 red onion - finely diced
2 tbsp fresh cilantro - diced
2 tbsp fresh parsley - diced
1 tbsp old bay seasoning
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 tsp kosher salt

2 tbsp veg oil

1) mix all ingredients (except oil) together and form small crab cakes
2) place on a greased cookie sheet and place in refrigerator to chill for 30 min
3) bake in oven at 350 F for 15 min
4) heat oil in pan and lightly fry each cake till browned on each side
5) pat excess oil with paper towel and serve