Saturday, February 6, 2010

2/4/10 - Asian Style Slaw with Salmon and Shrimp


This week I can home from work and I was surprised by a package...uh oh more internet shopping I thought! But instead it was my first product to test from Food Buzz's Featured Publisher program. I was really excited to try out this item, a new Ponzu Lime Seasoned Dressing & Sauce from Kikkoman. I instantly thought of a delicious Ceviche however my supplies were a bit limited and I would have liked a better tuna for my first try with Ceviche. I was on my way out to dinner the night I recieved it so I had to put off any plans for the night anyways. The next night I had planed my menu around a salmon fillet and I thought I might at well check out the flavors of the Ponzu sauce - it added the bright but savory flavor to the salmon but was perfect for the Asian Slaw.

Asian Slaw
1 bag coleslaw blend or broccoli slaw
1/4 c Ponzu Lime Seasoned Dressing & Sauce
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1/4 c slivered almonds
1 tsp brown sugar
2 tbsp pickled ginger - sliced