Thursday, September 3, 2009

9/3/09 - Spinach Tortelloni w Veggie Stuffed Sauce

With the left overs finally subsiding in my fridge I was ready to start cooking tonight and get the rest of the things moving. I couldn't resist the fresh pasta case at Fairway and since we had been contemplating tortellini vs tortelloni (answer: size differentiates - approx 2 grams vs 5 grams respectively) I decided on a a spinach tortelloni. Though we have been so carb heavy lately with all the potatoes and rice I did want to use the remaining meat sauce that I had defrosted for some cavatelli (Stew Leonard's fresh pasta) so I ended up blending some CSA veggies (zucchini, peppers, onions) for a one dish meal.



Veggie Stuffed Sauce
1/2 zucchini- shredded
7 mushrooms- sliced
1/2 green bell pepper- diced
1 small hot pepper - finely diced
1 shallot - finely diced
3 cloves of garlic - finely diced
2 c meat sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp fresh basil
1 c Italian blend 2% cheese
1 tbsp grated Parmesan

1) add oil to wok pan - heat on med -high
2) add shallots, garlic and peppers - heat 5 min
3) add zucchini and mushrooms - cook 2 min
4) add sauce - mix together - cook 4 min
5) add cooked and drained pasta
6) turn off heat and add basil and cheese - combine
7) serve and top with grated Parmesan cheese

3 comments:

Heads All Empty said...

Where's the plate picture? ;-)

Carla said...

my artistic director (Jeremy) decided to mix things up a little last night - he wanted a fresh new look!

Dolce said...

Great to meet you Carla! I will add you on my blogroll :)

Post a Comment