Tuesday, October 27, 2009

10/27/09 - Ginger Miso Glazed Tuna w. Soy Parmesean Broccoli

I used a similar glaze on some salmon a few months back and it made such a nice crust I couldn't wait to try it again . This time the flavor was a bit more subtle (unfortunately I think the best part of that glaze was in the brown sugar and I cut that out this time) but it really popped once we added a tiny touch of wasabi paste to heat things up. Next time I will add the wasabi right into the glaze allowing it to penetrate into the tuna.
The idea for the broccoli came to me from a friend who stole it from her (almost) brother in law. Jeremy couldn't place it at first but finally guessed the cheese, obviously we liked the savory taste since there were no left overs on this one! Be mindful of the fish while it tasted delicious I did overcook it a bit and the center was not as rare as I would have liked. Either way this fish was moist and tasty which is all that really matters!

Ginger Miso Glaze
1 tbsp red miso
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1" ginger grated (I use a microplane)
1 tsp reduced sodium soy
(optional: small amount of wasabi - about 1/4 - 1/2 tsp)

1) mix all ingredients together and coat fish using a brush

Soy Parmesan Broccoli
3 heads broccoli - stems cut and chopped into florets
2 tbsp reduced sodium soy
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese

1) steam broccoli in water until bright green (do not over cook - retain some crisp)
2) toss with soy and cheese

2 comments:

Randy said...

i'm so glad the broccs were a hit! :)
last time he made it, he added sesame seeds too, for a little crunch and extra flavor. MMM!

Carla said...

mmmm randy! I was thinking about some almonds but sesame seeds is fast and easy

Post a Comment