So word got out about ravioli making and some repeat guests were quick to pick it up and I couldn't resist making a standard ravioli. It was a lot of fun to make these and some said that the dough was even better this time. I only had 4 eggs and last week the recipe called for 6 for 4 c of flour so this time I improvised a bit so I will have to try that again.
I think that it is sort of neat that one of the last times that I made this sauce I was using frozen ravioli and now I am able to make my own! So much tastier and not really that hard when you have helpers....plus its fun to get creative and have a little design contest.
4 eggs - beaten
2 tbsp - olive oil
3+ c flour - stirred to unclump
1) make a large well with the flour
2) add eggs and oil to center of the well and using fork combine
3) knead dough together until a smooth dough
4) coat in olive oil and wrap in plastic - set aside for 1 hr
Small container part skim ricotta
1/4 grated cheese
2 tbsp parsley
1 tsp garlic powder
salt & pepper
1) combine in a large bowl
To make ravioli
1) roll out 1/6 of the dough at a time from setting 8 until 5
2) lay out dough on floured surface and cut dough into 2" x 4 " rectangles
3) place 1/2 tsp cheese on the center of one side
4) using egg wash (1 egg and 1 tbsp water) moisten all 4 sides and top mixture seal in together and use fork edges to clamp closed.
5) set aside on cookie sheet dusted in cornmeal (you can freeze them at this point or cook immediately)
I tried my hand at lava cup cakes but cooked them too long. This recipe was interesting cause it only had a tiny bit of flour as it was mostly whipped eggs.
From Crazy about Cupcakes