Thursday, July 22, 2010

7/4/10 - 4th of July BBQ- Cilantro Chimichurri

One of my favorite condiments for meat is chimichurri. I love the fresh green taste of this Argentinian do-it-all  seasoning for beef is almost a version of pesto. Personally, I can't help but love any dish that uses a huge amount of fresh herbs. Usually chimichurri is made with parsley like I did here but either way the taste is always just explosive. I was lucky since these herbs all came from my CSA which means they were super fresh! Even though I often visit the farmers market I do feel that buying from my CSA is really important because it supports even more farms. This week I was lucky to go on a long drive for work into the country of New Jersey. I actually was just around the town where my farm actually is...but I didn't have time to go searching around since I was working. I did however get to stop at Green Valley Farm which was so much fun. I only had a few minutes but I wanted to grab some fresh homemade ice cream. I honestly don't think I have ever had something so rich and delicious . But back to the meaty marinade plus....

Cilantro & Garlic Scape Chimichurri
1 bunch Cilantro - leaves
5 garlic scaped - rough diced
1/4 c extra virgin oliveo oil
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp red hot pepper flake
salt & pepper
1) Blend ingredients together

Also check out the cherry tomatoes with basil and bocchini skewars and the bread my aunt made on her blog: