Thursday, June 17, 2010

6/16/10 - Garlic Ginger Seafood Stir-Fry

I know this recipe might seem familiar, but with so many veggies living in my fridge I wanted to get some of them used up before anything went bad. So here is a spin on the Garlic Chili Scallop Noodles that I made a few weeks back. However, I made a few key changes - I upped the veggies and removed the noodles making this perfect for anyone who might be looking for a low-carb options. With all the delicious and ripe vegetables (and fruits) available its easy to eat less carbs during the summer months for me.



There are some carbs that are just too good to give up....for me giving up fruit (which I snack on daily) crosses the line! What do you think? Are you a carb lover? What does it for you? Steamy hot mashed potatoes, Fresh crusty French loaf or just bowl of Grandma's pasta? Drool

Keep reading for the recipe!



Garlic Ginger Seafood Stir-Fry
12 jumbo shrimp- peeled and devained
12 scallops
1/2 red pepper- diced
1/2 green pepper diced
12 baby tomato - cut in half
1 c sugar snap peas
1 broccoli crown - cut into spears
2 scallions - diced
2 shallots - diced
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp garlic chili paste
1 tbsp soy sauce (reduced sodium)
1 tbsp lime ponzu sauce
1" ginger - grated
1 garlic clove -grated
1 tsp srirachi sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp olive oil

1) Marinade the scallops and shrimp in a mixture of the sesame seeds, ponzu sauce, soy sauce and garlic chili sauce
2) Heat the olive oil in a large wok pan
3) Add  the seafood and allow to cook for 2-3 min
4) Flip seafood and cover with remaining veggie - cover to steam
5) After 2-3 min, stir to combine and remove from heat
6) Add srirachi sauce and sesame oil mix together and serve