Need to get some dinner on the table and you have nothing in the fridge? Try this Asian style chicken that uses cubed boneless skinless chicken breasts and left over rice from Chinese Take-out. I know its January and I should be knee deep into my New Year's resolution to exercise, eat healthy, lose weight - the list goes on. Instead I have a recipe that calls for you to bread and fry chicken...and a side of carbs? I must be crazy.... either that or I still haven't gone food shopping!
Well the truth of it is both! Even if you are following that new diet this is a great recipe to keep in your back pocket...just in case. You could even eat it on top of a nice green salad instead of the bed of brown rice. Oh and while you are at it - go grab one of those frozen bags of Asian Stir Fry veggies.... you never know when you might need it! That one little bag of veggies would have made this rice a lot more interesting....
Crispy Asian Chicken
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast - cut into 1.5" cubes
3 c flour
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp pepper
1 tsp ground ginger
2 tbsp Chinese 5 spice blend
1) Blend spices and flour together and place in a zip top baggie
2) Rinse chicken and then pat dry
3) Drop into baggie and coat completely with flour blend
4) In a large frying pan, heat approx 2" of oil at med /high for 7 min or until hot
5) Carefully place chicken into hot oil - in a single layer (do not over crowd pan - you may need to make 2 batches!)
6) Using tong flip each piece over once brown and crusty (approx 3-5 min)
7) Remove from frying pan and pat dry on paper towel