Thursday, July 14, 2011

Corn Salad

After spending July 4th weekend with my family at our lake house I have to admit I am in full fledged summer mode. I feel like I am still on vacation - taking a break from any real meal planning and instead making lots of little dishes and then mix and match. This corn salad is a perfect addition to your BBQ table with a smoky savory flavor that will stand up to any grilled meats.

I love using different seasonings to add lots of flavor to normal recipes and I find that summer picnic food in general can be lacking some flavor. In one of my other posts, I looked at a fun twist on Greek ingredients and potato salad but using the ready made KC Masterpiece® BBQ sauce is even easier and perfect for those day after leftovers. I hate feeling like I am eating leftovers but of course I wouldn't waste food so I try to "recycle" by using the ingredients in a new way. This would be a perfect way to make left over BBQ goodies into an amazing lunch salad (add some tomato, cucumber, lettuce and diced up grilled chicken). You can even mix the BBQ sauce with some herbs and olive oil to make a spicy dressing! 




Corn Salad
4 ears corn - kernels cut off (a serrated bread knife makes it easy)
1 can black beans - drained and rinsed
1/2 sweet onion - finely diced
1/2 green pepper - finely diced
2 tbsp KC Masterpiece® BBQ Sauce
1 tbsp olive oil

 1) Combine all ingredients together and mix thoroughly - allow to chill in fridge for at least one hour before serving.


**Ingredients in this recipe have been provided as free samples through the Tastemaker Program at Foodbuzz**